I live with a husband (as most people with husbands do) who loves nothing more than donuts, pancakes, pizza, and candy. So he really hit the jackpot when he married a dietitian (LOL). So I am constantly trying to modify his favorite foods so that we can both enjoy them. Don’t get me wrong, I still eat the un-modified versions, but only in moderation. So this morning I decided to give “healthy pancakes” a try. I had seen a few recipes online and kind of morphed them all together. And guess what? The end product was pretty freaking amazing. Try it for yourself!
Greek Yogurt Pancakes
· 6 ounces plain Greek yogurt
· 1 egg
· ½ cup whole wheat flour
· 1 teaspoon baking soda
· 1 teaspoon cinnamon
· 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
· 1 teaspoon Stevia
1. Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl. Stir to combine.
2. Spoon the batter onto a sprayed griddle or pan heated to medium- high. This recipe made 6 medium sized pancakes for me.
3. Flip the pancakes when they start to bubble a bit on the surface. Cook until golden brown on both sides and serve with fruit and the remaining Greek yogurt!