Healthy Cookie Dough Dip… it's like the unicorn of the dessert world.
I'll be the first to admit, I was skeptical of this recipe. Chickpeas in my cookie dough...?? Doesn't sound like it fits in. But I had to at least give it a shot. The verdict? IT'S AMAZING! Like... can't stop eating it good.
Not only is this recipe low in fat and calories, it's loaded with fiber and protein too! It's almost like it's not a dessert at all! No added sugar, fat, or refined carbs. WHAT?!?!
This is meant to be eaten as a dough (not cooked), but I cooked a few last night at 350 for about 15 minutes and THEY WERE AMAZING TOO! So... these are basically magical. Oh and I stole this recipe from www.chocolatecoveredkatie.com, so be sure to give her the credit, not me!
Eat it with a spoon, on top of apple slices, or on graham crackers.
- 1 1/2 cups chickpeas or white beans (1 can, drained and rinsed very well)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 Tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup nut butter of choice
- 1/4 cup milk of choice, only if needed
- Sweetener of choice (1/3-2/3 cup brown sugar or 2-3 Tablespoons sugar substitute such as Stevia)
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- 2 to 3 Tablespoons oats (Ground flax will also work)
- Add all ingredients (except for chocolate chips) to a food processor or high-powered blender and process until very smooth.
- Mix in chocolate chips. You'll know it's blended enough once it reaches the exact texture of real cookie dough!