The American Heart Association recommends that we eat fish twice a week for heart health. In particular, we should be aiming for high omega 3 fish such as tuna, salmon, mackerel, and sardines. And yep- even the canned versions count! I love canned tuna as a quick, easy lunch for work. Just make sure you buy the stuff canned in water, not oil. I love that this recipe is tucked into a tasty avocado for a double whammy on your healthy fats! Plus its supe cute too, which obviously is what's most important.
Easy Jalapeno Tuna
- 1, 5 ounce can albacore tuna, drained
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon plain Greek yogurt
- 2 Tablespoons chopped onion (any color)
- 1 Tablespoon chopped pickled jalapeno slices
- 1 Tablespoon of the pickled jalapeno juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 avocado, pitted, not peeled
- In a medium bowl, mix all ingredients except avocado.
- Scoop tuna salad into hollowed out part of avocado. Enjoy!