Was craving something healthy but tasty to top off my crazy birthday weekend, so I tried out this Spiralizer Shrimp Pad Thai recipe. It was exactly what I needed. Tasted like I was splurging without the splurge!
Shrimp Pad Thai:
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 3 zucchini and/or yellow squash
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms
- 2 heads chopped broccoli
- 1 pound shrimp (I used precooked, frozen)
- 1/4 cup natural creamy peanut butter (can use PB2)
- 3 Tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1 Tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
1. Spiralize zucchini/squash and sweet potato (I keep the skin on for more fiber). I used the medium spiralizer setting for this.
2. Sauté spiralized vegetables in a skillet on medium high until soft, or about 5 minutes. Place aside in a large bowl.
3. In the same pan, sauté broccoli, mushrooms, and shrimp on medium high until cooked. Mix with spiralized vegetables in bowl.
4. In a sauce pan, mix together all sauce ingredients and cook on medium heat until well blended, about 2 minutes.
5. Mix all ingredients together. Top with red pepper flakes. YUM!!!!!