Veggies on veggies on veggies! This casserole is so delicious AND healthy. Loaded with fiber and protein, it makes a great post holiday "detox" (of course I don't literally mean detox- that's what we have a liver for!).
Chicken & Roasted Veggie Casserole
- 2 zucchini
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 1 bell pepper of your choice
- 1/2 head Napa cabbage
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 4 chicken breasts
- 2 oz cheddar cheese
- 2 oz mozzarella cheese
- 1 oz Parmesan cheese
- 1 pint tomato sauce of your choice (i used my receipt from last week)
- 1/8 cup chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut zucchini, cauliflower, tomatoes, and pepper into chunks. Spritz with olive oil and bake at 400 for 30 min.
- Spritz skillet with olive oil and sauté sliced onions until caramelized (about 10 min).
- Set onions aside and cook chopped chicken in skillet until cooked through and browned.
- Set chicken aside and add mushrooms and cabbage into skillet with olive oil. Cook until soft.
- Once skillet is empty, add chicken broth to skillet for 3 min the add to mixture.
- Mix mixture with sauce and put into casserole dish. Cover with cheeses. Bake at 350 for 20 min. Enjoy!