This is the closest thing to a boat I've been around since moving to Denver, but despite the lack of tan and wakeboard, these were pretty tasty! Southwest Stuffed Spaghetti Squash Boats! High in fiber, protein, monounsaturated fats, vitamin C and B6.
Spaghetti Squash Boats
- 2 medium spaghetti squash
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 Tablespoons cumin
- 1/2 Tablespoon oregano
- 1/2 Tablespoon chili powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 15 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 15 oz can white corn, drained
- 1/2 Cup grated cheese
- Avocado and Greek yogurt to top
- Place whole squash in microwave after creating holes (using a large knife) to vent for 8-12 minutes.
- Continue microwaving until skin feels soft. Let cool and cut in half. Scoop out seeds.
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, add onions, pepper, garlic, and jalapeño. Sauté 2 minutes. Stir in spices. Sauté 1 more minute. Stir in beans and corn.
- Set oven to broil.
- Add bean mixture into each squash half and top with cheese. Broil until cheese melts. Top with yogurt and avocado. Enjoy your boat!