Sundays mean new recipes! Last night I tried out this cabbage lasagna recipe. Veggilicious and even Michael liked it.
• 1 lb lean ground turkey
• 2 cloves minced garlic
• 1 head of cabbage
• 1 12 oz container low fat cottage cheese
• 1.5 C shredded mozzarella cheese
• 1 jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce
• 16 oz can fire roasted tomatoes
• Veggies of choice (I used spinach, eggplant, mushrooms, and onions), chopped
1. Preheat oven to 400
2. Steam cabbage leaves and then dry with paper towel
3. Sauté veggies
4. Cook meat with garlic and season as desired
5. Add in fire roasted tomatoes with meat
6. In a large baking dish, layer the cabbage, then meat, then veggies, then cottage cheese, then pasta sauce, then cheese. Repeat until all ingredients are gone and make sure cheese is your last ingredient on top of the lasagna.
7. Cook for about 30 minutes or until cheese has browned. Let cool and serve.