Ever used broccoli slaw in place of noodles? I bet after reading this you will! High in filling fiber without the calories of traditional pasta. Tried this skillet dish tonight, and it did not disappoint.
Chicken Sausage Skillet
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 1 diced jalapeño
- 2 zucchini, diced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup mushrooms, diced
- 1 package broccoli slaw
- 3 chicken sausages, sliced
- 8 ounce can tomato sauce
- Garlic powder, oregano, basil, red pepper flakes to taste
- 1/3 cup feta cheese
1) Sauté onion and jalapeño pepper in olive oil over medium heat until soft, about 5 minutes.
2) Add in zucchini, bell pepper, and mushrooms and continue cooking until soft.
3) In a separate pan, add broccoli slaw and a splash of water. Cover pan and cook on medium heat until steamed.
4) Add in tomato sauce, sausage, and spices to onion mix.
5) Stir slaw into onion/sausage mix. Top with feta cheese. EAT!