Hungry for pasta? Tried out another pasta substitute tonight...Cauliflower! Such a simple recipe and so stinkin’ good. And yes, you can pair it with bread since it’s a nearly carb free recipe.
• 2 finely chopped cauliflower heads
• 1 jar marinara sauce of your choice (preferably a no sugar added sauce)
• 1 Tablespoon olive oil
• Salt and pepper to taste
• 1/4 cup loosely packed fresh basil, chopped
• 1 pound lean ground meat (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 375.
2. Place chopped cauliflower onto baking sheet and spritz with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
3. Bake 30 minutes. While cauliflower is baking, cook ground meat (if using) in a skillet and then mix with sauce in a large sauce pan.
4. Once cauliflower is done, mix into sauce pan with sauce and meat.
5. Serve and top with basil. Bon appetit!!