We tried something similar at a top notch pizza joint in Denver and I, of course, had to replicate it myself in a healthier fashion. Chickpea pizza crust! More fiber and protein than conventional crust. And, in my opinion, tastes better too!
Chickpea Crust Pizza
· 2/3 cup chickpea flour
· 2 teaspoon garlic powder
· 1/2 teaspoon salt
· 2/3 cup water
· 2 teaspoon olive oil
· 8 ounces crushed tomatoes
· Part skim mozzarella cheese
· Veggies or lean meats of your choice
1. Preheat oven to 425.
2. Mix together flower, salt, and garlic powder with 2/3 cup water.
3. Cover 7.5 inch round cast iron skillet with oil. Pour dough into pan and press until thin.
4. Bake until browned on edges, about 3 minutes. Flip and cook another 3 minutes.
5. Top with crushed tomatoes, cheese, and toppings of choice leaving a 1/2 in border. Bake until cheese is bubbling, about 10 min.
6. Serve with a yummy green salad and enjoy!