We are mid-move from Houston, TX to Denver, CO. It has been FREAKING hot in Houston, and I came to Denver for the weekend to house hunt. I was expecting it to be way cooler here but, turns out, it's NOT. So nothing sounded better than a tasty cold zoodle bowl. Found this recipe on Inspiralized and put my own twist to it.
I love that this dish uses Greek yogurt instead of sour cream in the sauce. Promise you'll never taste the difference but you should love the lowered saturated fat and calories! I also love that the zoodles beef up the fiber while lowering the carbs and calories. And of course it's topped with avocado because, why not??
Buffalo Chicken Zoodle Bowls
- Servings: 4
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 1-7 hours (depending on heat of crock pot)
For the chicken:
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup hot sauce (I used Franks Red Hot Sauce)
For the sauce:
- 6oz nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 5 tablespoons hot sauce
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- salt and pepper
For the salad:
- 2 large zucchini, spiralized, noodles trimmed (I used Blade D)
- 1 large squash, spiralized, noodles trimmed (I used Blade D)
- ½ cup halved cherry tomatoes
- ¼ cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/2 cup canned corn, drained and rinsed
- 1 large avocado, sliced
- Place the chicken in a crock pot and cover with 1/4 cup hot sauce and a pinch of salt. Cover and cook for 6-7 hours on low or 1-2 hours on high. Shred once fully cooked.
- While chicken cooks, place the Greek yogurt, 5 Tablespoons hot sauce, garlic powder, apple cider vinegar, salt, and pepper in a medium mixing bowl and stir to combine. Add the shredded chicken and zucchini noodles and toss well to combine.
- Divide the salad onto four plates and top each with cherry tomatoes, blue cheese, corn, and avocado. Serve.