Looks fancyyyy. Don’t worry. It’s not. It never is haha. One of my fav side dishes: sautéed kale, mushrooms, cracked red pepper, and sherry vinegar. I love the flavor that sherry vinegar adds to vegetable dishes, especially those with ‘shrooms!
This dish is low in calories, but high in flavor. Oh, and it’s also high fiber, vitamin D, vitamin A, and vitamin K. Kale-yea!!!
• 1 Tablespoon olive oil (or enough to cover skillet)
• 2 cups kale, stems removed
• 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
• 3 Tablespoons sherry vinegar
• 1/4 teaspoon cracked red pepper
• Salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat oil in a large skillet to medium high.
2. Place mushrooms in skillet. Cook for 3-4 minutes until they begin to soften.
3. Place kale in skillet. Cook until wilted (about 1-2 minutes).
4. Add sherry vinegar to skillet. Cook for 1 additional minute and remove from heat.
5. Toss with cracked red pepper, salt, and pepper.