Prettiest snack ever? You shouldn’t have! It’s loaded with heart healthy omega 3s, protein, AND fiber. The trifecta for a perfect, filling snack.
So what are chia seeds? Chia seeds are tiny, black seeds which come from the South American plant, the Salvia Hispanica. Although small, they are mighty! They pack a fiber, protein, calcium, antioxidant and omega 3 punch. The best part about them is their high soluble fiber content, which lends to them puffing up into a gel when added into a liquid and creating an awesome pudding!
And matcha? What the heck is that? Matcha is powdered green tea leaves. Because matcha is made straight from the leaves (as opposed to be diluted in water), it packs a potent source of antioxidants, some of which have been shown to help aide in weight loss! It’s what gives my pudding its beautiful green tone.
Chia Seed Matcha Pudding
- 2 Tablespoons chia seeds
- 1/2 Cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk (can sub with milk of choice)
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon matcha tea powder
- Fruit of choice
- Sweetener of choice (Stevia, honey, Splenda, maple syrup)
- Cocoa powder
- Granola (I used KIND bars)
- Nut Butter or nuts
- Stir all ingredients into a bowl and place in refrigerator overnight (or for a minimum of about 4 hours).
- Once the mixture has “gelled,” serve and enjoy! If using any of the optional add-ins, top your pudding with these after it has gelled.