By now, you probably know that breakfast is my absolute favorite meal of the day. You probably also know that I could exist solely off of oatmeal. And maybe some peanut butter thrown into the mix too. So when I came across this recipe by @lettuce_eat_right, I think my mouth may have literally started drooling (my husband is one lucky dude). This recipe not only includes my favorite high fiber whole grain (oatmeal), but also packs in some protein to keep me feeling full all morning long. Studies show that breakfasts which include protein help to improve satiety and set the tone for the REST OF YOUR DAY. Yep- what you eat for breakfast can affect what you eat the entire rest of your day! That’s pretty important I would say…
We also made this as a dessert one night. Makes for a great healthy post dinner treat just as well as it does a satiety provoking breakfast! Love a good multi-tasking meal. Next time I’m trying this with pineapple in place of banana.
Upside Down Banana Bread Baked Oatmeal
- 1 cup oats
- 1 cup water
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 banana, sliced
- 1 tsp Stevia (or 2 tsp brown sugar)
- Preheat oven to 385 degrees (random, I know).
- Spray a small glass or ceramic baking dish (I used 6×6).
- Place sliced bananas to cover bottom of prepared dish.
- Mix all remaining ingredients in a bowl until well combined.
- Pour over bananas into baking dish.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until cooked through.
- Let cool 5 minutes before flipping it out onto a plate or cutting board.