How much easier does a recipe get than throwing a bunch of ingredients into a blender and popping them into the oven? It doesn’t. That’s why these are amazing. And healthy (oats, flaxseed, nut butter, bananas… doesn’t get any better than that for a protein, healthy fat, and fiber punch). Ok so the chocolate chips aren’t exactly “healthy….” live a little, alright!
The more healthy baking that I do, the more I realize how freakin’ versatile bananas are. Can I get a shout out for bananas who naturally sweeten the shiz out of everything wonderful in my life right now?!?! And they are packed with potassium (goodbye muscle cramps and high blood pressure), fiber (hello healthy gut and satiety), and vitamin B6 (goodbye PMS cramps… at least that’s what some research says… I believe it). Try these things out! You won’t regret it. Promise.
- 1.5 cup oats
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup PB2 or 2 Tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 medium ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 2 Tablespoons honey (or 1 tsp Stevia)
- 1 egg, 1 egg white
- 1/3 cup any milk
- 1/4 cup regular or white chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup peanut halves
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Prepare muffin tins by spraying with cooking oil.
- Throw all ingredients except toppings into a high powered blender. Fold in toppings (if you choose- I folded in half and sprinkled the other half on top).
- Pour batter into muffin tins, sprinkle with toppings.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Serve warm (if you’re brave enough… good luck stopping eating these babies)