Aloha! Welcome to Hawaii! Or Denver… same difference, right? This pineapple turkey burgers got my feelin’ all tropical! This is such a fun way to serve a burger and pineapple makes a tasty, fun bun substitute. Whether you’re gluten free, cutting back on refined grains, cutting calories, or just looking to mix things up a bit, this burger is for you!
Pineapple Turkey Burger and Fries
Pineapple Turkey Burger:
• 1 pineapple, peeled, cored, and sliced into circles
• 1 pound 93% lean ground turkey
• Fresh jalapeño, diced
• 1/2 Cup feta cheese
• 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
• Salt and pepper to taste
1. Mix all ingredients except pineapple together.
2. Form into 4 burger patties.
3. Smoke patties for 15 min at 350 (can also grill or bake).
4. Place pineapple onto grill after burger patties have cooked for 10 minutes (so pineapple will grill for last 5 minutes or burger cooking).
5. Serve with toppings of choice (I used spinach, tomato, and avocado). Sandwich toppings and each burger patty between 2 of the grilled pineapple slices.
Sweet Potato Fries:
• 1 large sweet potato
• 1 Tablespoon olive oil
• Salt to taste
• Paprika to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Cut sweet potato length wise. I leave the skins on for added fiber (and laziness).
3. Place onto baking sheet and spritz with olive oil. Add salt and paprika to your liking.
4. Bake for 30 minutes or until soft to the touch. Can also throw these on the grill with the burgers (start these about 5 minutes prior to cooking burgers).