Baked Old Fashioned Donuts
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 3/4 cup milk of choice (I used unsweetened almond milk)
- 2.5 tsp white vinegar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit and grease a donut pan.
- Add the flours, sugar, baking powder, nutmeg, cinnamon, and sea salt to a large bowl and stir until combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the milk, vinegar, eggs, and oil together.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Using a rubber spatula, fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until a batter begins to form and the flour begins to disappear. Do not over mix!
- Spoon a small amount of batter into each of the 12 greased donut cups, filling them about 2/3 full.
- Bake the donuts at 425 degrees Fahrenheit for about 7-9 minutes (this recipe makes 24 donuts so you’ll have to repeat this process again a second time unless you have two donut pans).
- While donuts bake, mix sugar and cinnamon together in a bowl for dipping.
- Once donuts have browned slightly on top and spring back to the touch, remove them from the oven and place them on a cooling rack.
- Once donuts can be handled without burning your hands, dip each side into the cinnamon-sugar mixture. These donuts are best consumed immediately!