Collard Green Butternut Squash Pasta
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb ground sirloin
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 3 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 12 oz peeled and cubed butternut squash (about 2.5 cups)
- 8 oz uncooked large shell whole-wheat pasta
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 3 cups chopped, stemmed collard greens
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add beef and cook, breaking up while cooking, until browned. Add onion, garlic, and chili powder. Cook an additional 3 minutes or until onion is softened.
- Stir in flour and cook for 1 minute, stirring often. Add in broth, squash, pasta, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and cover. Cook for 6-8 minutes or until pasta is al dente.
- Remove from heat and stir in collard greens. Cover skillet and let stand until greens are wilted, about 10 minutes. Stir in Parmesan and serve.