Hi! My name is Lauren and I am a Registered Dietitian in Houston, Texas. I love what I do, and I love sharing my knowledge about wellness and nutrition! What makes me different than the MILLIONS of other wellness bloggers? Well… first things first… I have a degree in this stuff. It’s one thing to have a passion for it (really, it’s great), but I’ve had 5 years of schooling, passed a registration test (woof), practiced as a registered dietitian since 2008, and I get re-certified every 5 years by completing continuing education for this stuff. So if you’ve ever wondered what the difference between a “nutritionist” and a “dietitian” is, just see above. Anyone can deem themselves a “nutritionist,” but not just anyone can call them self a registered dietitian. Stepping off my soap box now…
So now that I’ve differentiated myself as a dietitian, what makes me a unique dietitian? I LOVE DESSERT. Yep, LOVE it. Eat it every. single. day. Don’t get me wrong, I eat healthy. But I’m not unrealistic about it. So if you’re looking for a quirky, realistic wellness blog to follow, you’ve found the right place. Great to meet you!
-Lauren Ott, RD
Education, Career, and Media Presence:
- Lauren Ott, RD has been a dietitian for over 7 years. Lauren graduated from the University of Oklahoma with her BS in nutritional sciences. She has her certificate of training in adult weight management from the Commission on Dietetic Registration.
- Lauren has experience in weight loss, eating disorders, corporate wellness, cardiovascular disease, public speaking, classroom management, curriculum development, media relations, and overall wellness.
- She has worked for corporations such as the University of Colorado Anschutz Health and Wellness Center, The Cooper Clinic, and the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center.
- Watch Lauren on her bi-weekly 9 News Denver segment, as she is the 9 News nutrition expert. Lauren has written for or appeared on media outlets such as LiveStrong, NPR, The Denver Post, Thrillist, Women's Running Magazine, and Today's Dietitian.
- Although Lauren is passionate about health and wellness, she is a true believer that everything is ok in moderation (especially DESSERT).