I’ve been craving salads recently, probably because of the heat, so I made this one up and I’m pretty proud of it! In my mind, tuna is the perfect food. It’s crazy high in heart healthy omega 3s, it’s high in protein, and the best part is, it’s super cheap and easy to use when canned. I recommend albacore as it’s a bit higher in omega 3s than the chunk white. I call that a win-win! Cheap, shelf stable, and healthy?!?! Not many other foods that can say that…
Enjoy your fiber, protein, monounsaturated fat, omega 3, antioxidant filled meal.
Curry Tuna Salad
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 cup butter lettuce
- ¼ of a red bell pepper, sliced
- ¼ of a yellow bell pepper, slice¼ cup chickpeas
- ¼ cup purple onion, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons feta cheese
- ¼ of an avocado, sliced
- 3 ounces albacore tuna
- 2 Tablespoons plain Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 Tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. In a large salad bowl, mix spinach, butter lettuce, peppers, chickpeas, onion, feta, and avocado.
2. In a small mixing bowl, combine tuna, Greek yogurt, and curry powder. Mix well.
3. In a small mixing bowl, mix all dressing ingredients.
4. Toss salad in large bowl with dressing.
5. Top with tuna mixture.