Healthy Thai Basil Chicken with cauliflower rice, anyone? Took no more than 20 min total to prep and cook. And was SO tasty. Gluten free, high protein, low cal. Sounds ideal to me!
Healthy Thai Basil Chicken
- 1 1/4 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts, sliced into thin strips
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 serrano chile, seeded and minced (keep seeds for extra hot)
- 2 teaspoons vegetable or canola oil
- 3 cups fresh Thai or regular basil leaves
- 2 heads broccoli, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 2 heads cauliflower
1) In a bowl marinate the chicken with oyster sauce and soy sauce 10 minutes.
2) While the chicken is marinating, grate cauliflower using cheese grater (or food processor) and place in microwave safe bowl and cover. Microwave for 4 minutes or until rice is soft. Do not add water to rice.
3) In a greased skillet, saute bell pepper and broccoli over medium high heat until soft.
4) In a separate skillet, heat a large nonstick skillet or wok over medium-high heat, when hot add the oil, garlic and chili and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
5) Increase the heat to high and add the chicken and cook, stirring until just cooked through, about 4 minutes. Add the basil and cook until wilted, about 1 minute.
6) Mix chicken and veggies together. Serve over cauliflower rice. I added a tad bit of extra sauce to pour over my rice and veggies.