Ok so it’s not “officially” summer yet (June 20, I’m lookin’ at you), but it sure feels like it already here in Houston. You guys know by now that I love pizza, and I especially love Flatout bread pizzas, but I have never done a grilled Flatout pizza. And we all know that summer= all things grilled. So, tonight was the night to try out a grilled pizza!
In typical Lauren fashion, I hadn’t decided on my ‘za toppings until I got to the grocery store. I wanted to be inspired. And was I ever inspired! The first thing I saw in the produce isle was okra. And what better summer ingredient than okra?! Never tried it? Okra is a non-starchy vegetable. It’s benefits are (per cup raw):
- Only 33 calories
- 3 gm fiber (which keeps you feeling full)
- 66% vitamin k (good for your bones)
- 35% vitamin c (good for your skin)
- 50% manganese (good for your bones)
So it’s basically the best thing ever. Oh and did I mention that it tastes great?
You guys, I could not be more obsessed with these Flatout Artisan Pizza Crusts. 120 calories a crust?!?! That’s like 1/3 the calories of a normal pizza crust this size. Wowza. Not to mention they taste great and are super crispy (which I love). And each crust has 5g protein- that’s a win win!
My husband and I are still living out of corporate housing, so we don’t have a grill pan currently. I would recommend grilling versus roasting your veggies for this pizza, but I had to roast due to lack of grill pan.
Grilled Veggie Pizza
- Servings: 2
- Time: 20 minutes
- 1 cup raw okra, chopped
- 1 small yellow squash, thinly sliced
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- Salt, pepper, paprika to taste
- 2 Flatout Artisan Thin Pizza Crusts
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 3 ounces part skim mozzarella cheese, sliced or shredded
- 1 roma tomato, thinly sliced
- 4-5 leaves of basil, chopped
- Red pepper flakes to taste
- Preheat grill on medium heat.
- Toss okra and squash in olive oil, salt, pepper, and paprika.
- Transfer veggies to a grill basket and cook for 8-10 minutes or until tender, stirring as needed.
- Remove veggies. Place crust on grill (no toppings) for 2 minutes until crispy.
- Remove crust. Top each crust with 2 Tablespoons tomato sauce, 1.5 ounces of mozzarella, and split veggies (squash, okra, tomatoes) between both crusts.
- Grill, covered, over indirect medium heat for 5-10 minutes until crust is browned and cheese is melted.
- Top with basil and red pepper flakes. Serve.
Nutrition (per serving):
Calories: 365; Total Fat: 17gm; Protein: 18 gm; Carbohydrates: 35gm; Sugar: 9 gm; Fiber: 6gm