Potato Chicken Sausage Soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-pound chicken sausage, casing removed (any type of sausage should work)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 russet potatoes, chopped
- 6 cups chicken broth
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 cups loosely packed spinach
- 1 cup half and half
- Set a 6-qt Instant Pot to the high sauté setting. Add olive oil and sausage and cook, stirring frequently, until sausage is lightly browned. Make sure to crumble the sausage as it cooks. Drain excess fat.
- Add garlic, onion and oregano. Cook, stirring frequently, until onions have become translucent, about 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in potatoes and chicken broth.
- Select manual setting; adjust pressure to high, and set time for 5 minutes. When finished cooking, quick-release pressure (use manufacturer’s directions).
- Stir in spinach and half and half until heated through, about 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.