Thai Basil Chicken Bowls
- 1 lb lean ground chicken
- 2 large red bell peppers, sliced into strips
- 1/2 yellow onion, roughly chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 4 T soy sauce
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 T sriracha
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 c Thai basil leaves, roughly chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped, to garnish
- 3 c cooked rice (I used Original flavored Right Rice)
- Heat up a greased wok or skillet to medium-high heat. Cook chicken thoroughly, breaking up the meat while cooking. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside once cooked through.
- Re-grease skillet and add bell pepper, onions, and garlic. Toss together, cover, and cook for 2-3 minutes or until peppers are slightly charred.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together soy sauce, honey, sugar, sriracha, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- Add chicken back to the wok along with the sauce and basil leaves. Stir to combine, cover, and cook 2-3 minutes until basil is wilted.
- Serve with rice and garnish with green onions.
Looking for Something?